Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update on the latest software updates for the HCH-II

Well, a couple of months have passed and I have a much better idea whether the latest updates actually improved things with regards to the occasional SoC crashes. Please check this post for actuall update details:

Software update part numbers

First let me summarize what the current behavior now is:
  1. Regen affinity is much higher during low throttle conditions while is the ICE is cold. This relates to the early temperature transition stages (S0 through S3).
  2. When SoC descends to 5 bars a forced regen is induced as it did before when it dipped below 5.
  3. SoC crashes still happen but these are detected before the SoC dips below 5 bars.
  4. Forced regens stop when the SoC reaches a full 8 bars
  5. Finally, forced regens usually jump from an SoC of 6 bars to 8. No smooth transitions as they did before.
This is the post update behavior in a nutshell and after a few months of living with it I can't say I am happy with it. I will be contacting Honda regarding the update and I will be forwarding my feedback especially since no additional updates have been placed on the channel.

I'll post additional info as soon as I get more information on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment